December 16 CHBC Briefing: Hydrogen’s Role in the Transportation Sector
ARB and CEC recently passed significant funding packages that support charging and hydrogen fueling ZEV infrastructure, recognizing the importance of investing in multiple ZEV options to meet the state’s climate goals. However, more support is needed.
This session will cover critical milestones for the transportation sectors to achieve mass-market penetration, including funding programs like AB 8, and challenges like permitting. Initial keynote presentations will provide context, followed by a panel discussion and a Q&A with the audience.
Register here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8778294547409512972
Virtual Briefing Agenda:
Welcome and Introductions
• Sara Fitzsimon Nelson, CHBC Policy Director
10:05 AM Opening Keynote – The Important Role of Hydrogen and Fuel Cells in California’s ZEV Future
• Sandy Berg, Vice Chair, California Air Resources Board
10:20 AM Keynote: Expanding Transportation Electrification Utility Investment from Charging to Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
• Senator Bob Archuleta
10:35 AM Roundtable – The Path from 200 to 1,000 Light Duty Stations in California
This roundtable will discuss the opportunity and existing challenges for hydrogen and fuel cell electric vehicles to play a stronger role in meeting California’s zero-emission transportation goals.
• Moderator: Sara Fitzsimon Nelson, Policy Director, California Hydrogen Business Council
• Mik Skvarla, Government Relations Advisor at The Gualco Group, Inc.
• Bill Elrick, Executive Director, Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Partnership
• Salim Rahemtulla, President, PowerTap Hydrogen Fueling Corp
• Shane Stephens, Founder & CDO, FirstElement Fuel Inc. (invited)
11:30 AM Close-Out