Interested in posting your organization’s hydrogen and fuel cell job opportunities? Contact CHBC Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Costs for jobs postings for 60 days are as follows:
|Platinum Members and higher:||$0|
Sales/Business Development Manager – North America
Nel is a global, dedicated hydrogen company, delivering optimal solutions to produce, store, and distribute hydrogen from renewable energy. We serve a range of different customers with leading hydrogen technologies. Our roots date back to 1927, and since then, we have had a proud history of development and continuous improvement of hydrogen technologies. Today, our solutions cover the entire value chain: from hydrogen production technologies to hydrogen fueling stations, enabling industries to transition to green hydrogen, and providing fuel cell electric vehicles with the same fast fueling and long range as fossil-fueled vehicles – without the emissions.
We are searching for two Sales/Business Development Managers to drive our business growth in the Renewable Hydrogen market in North America. You will be Nel’s face in the region and represent the company in a professional, knowledgeable, and trustworthy way. The positions report to the Vice President Sales & Marketing – Americas of the Nel Electrolyser Division.
Core responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop strategies and execute plans for growing Nel’s business in North America and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Identify and assess market opportunities and prospects, and lead business development and commercial activities within your segments
- Manage and nurture relationships with existing customers, act as global or regional key account manager for certain strategic accounts
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team and other company functions as appropriate
- Manage customer relationships, increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones
- Determine and create account plans for targeted accounts
- Attend industry events, conferences, and relevant gatherings
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers, prospects, partners, and other key stakeholders
- Establish and cultivate effective business relationships with key industry players
- Drive the development of new market initiatives and ensure knowledge sharing and collaboration across Nel’s global organization
- Through a series of diagnostic and probing questions and research, develop and/or support an intimate understanding of the customer needs, behaviors, and/or their buying journey. Synthesizes complex information from internal and external resources to deliver tailored solutions for internal or external customers
- Work collaboratively with Nel’s large projects tender organization to define tender strategy and support execution and nurture the customer relationship
Preferred educational background and professional experience:
- Strong technical and commercial background with BSc/MSc in Engineering and/or Business Management
- + 10 years of proven business development, commercial and technical sales background
- Industry background from hydrogen, industrial gases, renewable energy, fuel, or chemical process industry is a great advantage
- Good understanding of the overall energy landscape (Power, Oil & Gas and Renewables)
- Experience from large, complex, industrial projects, industry equipment, and EPC business requirements
- Knowledge of clean energy market structures, policies rules, and regulations in the U.S. is an advantage
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development
- Solid computer skills (MS Office), experience using and maintaining CRM and digital tools (SalesForce preferred)
- Proficiency in English is required, both written and spoken, additional languages would be an advantage
- Passionate about clean energy technology and the renewable energy industry
- Analytical and structured, with a commercial mindset
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to present complex solutions and drive management decisions
- Proactive and business oriented with a consultative approach
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Result-oriented with proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Comfortable within a wide variety of functional, commercial, and technical discussions
- Used to navigate in cross-functional international environments
- Able to influence with high integrity, motivate people and build trust internally and externally
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a strong ability to deliver
- Potential for 50% travel or more
What will you get from working with us?
- An opportunity to work in a company in strong growth and a leading position in the market
- A visible role with many exciting interfaces, internally and externally
- The opportunity to work in a global company that contributes to the green transition
- A dynamic and highly professional working environment consisting of competent and committed colleagues
- Excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
The position offers a market competitive salary, as well as a variable incentive compensation plan. Nel Hydrogen also provides comprehensive health and insurance benefits, as well as a qualified retirement plan for its employees. The Company offers competitive paid vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
The Company has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
Nel will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.