Comments on CARB’s Proposed Fiscal Year 2020 – 2021 Transportation Funding Plan
On December 4, the CHBC submitted comments to the California Air Resources Board (CARB) on the Proposed Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Transportation Funding Plan (“TFP”). The CHBC comments expressed the following positions:
- Oppose expanding weight class of the CVRP because it creates regulatory uncertainty;
- Support expanding pilot and demonstration programs to include pre-commercial class 3-8 commercial vehicles;
- Recommend that the HVIP allocation be flexible to accommodate current funding shortfalls and going forward focus on helping pre-commercial ZEV trucks become cost-competitive;
- Support CARB’s proposal to not impose hard OEM manufacturing caps in the HVIP, which we believe would add burdensome regulatory uncertainty; and
- Work with CARB on a soft cap program to ensure adequate flexibility and accountability.