CHBC is committed to advancing the commercialization of hydrogen and fuel cells in the energy and transportation sectors to achieve California’s climate, air quality, and decarbonization goals.
Provide clear value to our members and serve as an indispensable and leading voice in promoting the use of hydrogen and fuel cells in the energy and transportation sectors in California and beyond
- Enhance market commercialization through effective advocacy and education of policymakers and policy influencers
- Be “the” trusted “go to” resource on Hydrogen and Fuel Cell technology for policymakers and policy influencers
- Accelerate market growth via networking opportunities and information exchange for the industry and its customers
Our Core Strengths
- Experts in developing, evaluating and communicating legislative and regulatory policy to promote the commercialization of the hydrogen and fuel cell industries;
- Respected Sacramento based advocate for the industry and our members;
- Technical depth in energy market design, renewable hydrogen production, hydrogen pipeline blending, hydrogen storage and distribution, and all segments of the fuel cell electric (FCE) on-road and off-road transportation markets;
- Analysis and dissemination of key industry policy to members, decision makers, opinion leaders and other influencers, emphasizing hydrogen as a zero-emission, renewable energy solution;
- Facilitating industry networking and the exchange of information among our members to enhance connectivity within the hydrogen and fuel cell industry;
- Supporting the acceptance, safe development and commercialization of hydrogen and fuel cell technology;
- Delivering measurable value to our members.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
CHBC is dedicated to equality. Organizational strength comes from incorporating multiple perspectives from diverse stakeholders. Creativity and innovation are enhanced when all voices are heard and given consideration. At CHBC we strive to include participation from all individuals, regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, or physical ability and appearance. Our goal is to create an institution that reflects the inherent diversity of the communities where our members operate.
We strive to have a diverse Board of Directors, and to enroll a broad membership. Further, we understand our responsibility to help develop an inclusive next generation of professionals in the hydrogen and fuel cell industries. We believe our approach will bring us nearer to an organization where our members are empowered to be authentically themselves and provide a platform for diverse opinions.